1. Position, Function
Centre for Indian Studies was officially established on September 15th, 2014, is a unit of Ho Chi Minh National Academy of Politics, directly professional guidance by President of Ho Chi Minh National Academy of Politics.
Centre for Indian Studies has the function of researching theoretical and practical issues of India and the relation between India with other countries in the region and all over the world, to provide scientific information for training the leaders, managers, for studying of researchers of the Academy; to prodagate the Vietnamese Communist Party’s viewpoints, guidelines and policies; to promote and extend the partnership of training, scientific research and other cooperation with India.
- Studying various fields of India as philsophy, culture, education, religion, diplomacy, international relations,….
- Providing the theoretical and practical basis for President of the Academy in making policies and planning cooperation between the Academy and Indian research institutions, contributing to the management, scientific research, training and retraining of the Academy.
- Studying the trends of thought of contemporary India; viewpoints and policies of Indian government in politics, economics, society, culture, religion, ethnic, national security, diplomacy, especially “Look East Policy” of India.
- Cooperation with organizations and individuals in Vietnam and India in scientific research on functional areas of India Research Center.
- Organizing research cooperation, create scientific forums, building and developing scientific information products for Indian research, contributing scientific management and research, training and studying of Academy such as: Information for Indian research, reference books, translation documents, thematic material, references,….
- Formulation of the Bookcases of Indian Studies by traditional and modern methods.
- Collaboration with the Indian partner to organize training and retraining in order to improve, update knowledge on issues of political theory, social sciences, humanities and international relation.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the President of the Ho Chi Minh National Academy of Politics.